Homework will be
posted here and updated
on a weekly basis.
The date shown is the
date it is due.
To receive homework notifications via text, please connect through the Remind App.
No download or purchase is required. Students & parents can text me
at the following #: 81010
then enter the following in the message space and you must include the @ symbol: @932a93
Once you have texted me, you'll be automatically added to the class and will receive notifications via text.
SPRING SEMESTER- January 8th- June 6th
Spring Semester- 2018-2019-
WEEK 15 -- 4/22 - 4/26
- Due Thursday: p. 422, Q's 1-5 and p. 428, Q's 1-3
- Due Thursday: Classification sheet with sketches and Taxonomy for organisms.
- Due Friday: Vocab #11: fossil record, extinct, relative dating, index fossil, half-life, radioactive dating, geologic time scale, era, period.
- Due Friday: Worksheet questions from "HIstory of the Earth" movie (started on Monday & cont'd on Thursday).
WEEK 14 -- 4/15-4/19
- Due Thursday: Vocab #10 : phylogeny, cladogram, bacteria, eubacteria, archaea, eukarya, archaebacteria, protista.
- Due Friday: pg.455, Q's 1-4 & pg.461, Q's 1-4 (Due Friday)
- Due Friday: Taxonomy Foldable Project
WEEK 13 -- 4/8-4/12- Grading period ends on Friday. Block schedule T, W, Th & F.
- Study for Chapter 16-Quiz on Tues/Wed
- Speciation worksheet in class
- Vocab #9 definitions: speciation, reproductive isolation, behavioral isolation, geographic isolation, temporal isolation. (5 terms)
WEEK 12 -- 4/1-4/5
- Due Thursday: Vocab#8- relative frequency, single-gene trait, polygenic trait, directional selection, stabilizing selection, disruptive selection, genetic drift, founder effect, genetic equilibrium, Hardy-Weinberg Principle (10 terms)
- Due Friday: P.396, Q's 1-4
WEEK 11 -- 3/18-3/22
- Due Mon: Chapter 15 packet
- Study for QUIZ on Darwin & Natural Selection on Thursday
WEEK 10 -- 3/11-3/15
Vocab #7 due on Thursday : artificial selection, struggle for existence, fitness, adaptation, survival of the fittest, natural selection, common descent, descent with modification.
Due Friday: Chapter 15 packet
WEEK 9 -- 3/4-3/8
Due block day: Genetic Review Packet (40 pts)
WEEK 8 -- 2/25-3/1
Due Thursday- Read about Pedigrees in Textbook and on page 348, Q's 1-4 in complete sentences.
Vocab#6: pedigree, selective breeding, autosomal, carrier, sex-linked, y-linked.
WEEK 7 -- 2/19-2/22 (Friday is the last day of the grading period)
Due Thursday: read pages 951-955 and answer questions pg.955, Q's 1-4
WEEK 6 -- 2/11-2/14 (no school on Friday 2/15 and no school Monday 2/18)
Vocab #5: red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, plasma, Rhesus, antigen, agglutination, blood type.
WEEK 5 -- 2/4-2/8
Due Thursday pg 278, Q's 1-5
Due Friday - Vocab #4: meiosis/ homologous/ diploid / haploid/ crossing over/ tetrad/ zygote/ gamete
WEEK 4 -- 1/28-2/1
Due Thurs- pg. 269, Q's 1-5 and p.274, Q's 1-4
STUDY FOR QUIZ ON FRIDAY-MENDEL & PUNNETT SQUARES
Due Fri -vocab #3: independent assortment/ incomplete dominance/ co-dominance/ polygenic traits.
WEEK 3 -- 1/22-1/25 -- Chapter 11
Mon 1/21-No School-Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Due Thurs- page 266, Questions 1-5-answer in full sentences
Due Fri -Vocab #2: genetics, fertilization, true-breeding, trait, hybrid, gene, allele, segregation, gamete, probability, Punnett square, homozygous, heterozygous, phenotype, genotype.
WEEK 2 -- 1/14-1/17 (no school on Friday)
STUDY FOR MITOSIS QUIZ ON THURSDAY!!
Due Thurs- Vocab #1: cell division/cytokinesis/ cell cycle/ centromere/interphase/ prophase/ metaphase/ anaphase/ telophase/ spindle fibers/ centriole/ daughter cells/ sister chromatids. ( 12 terms total)
WEEK 1 -- Tuesday 1/8- Friday 1/11
WEEK 16 -- 4/29-5/3- Block schedule T, W, Th & F.
WEEK 17 -- 5/6-5/10
WEEK 18 -- 5/13-5/17
WEEK 19 -- 5/20-5/24
WEEK 20 -- 5/28-5/31
WEEK 21 -- 6/3-6/6
MON 6/3- Periods 1-6-REVIEW FOR FINAL & STUDY!
TUES 6/4- PER 1 & 2
WED 6/5-PER 3 & 4
THUR 6/6-PER 5 & 6- GRADUATION!!